Randall Glen provides careful, personalized transport for your horses and livestock.
Local or long distance, we haul:
- Llamas & Alpacas
- Ostriches, Emus, & Exotics
- We’ll even haul your chickens, ducks, and rabbits!
- Our transport staff includes a driver and assistant, both highly experienced in handling livestock.
- We are DOT compliant.
- We use a 25-foot gooseneck straight load trailer and a 2-horse trailer, depending on the number of animals transported. We pull with a 2018 Dodge 3500 Super Turbo truck with 4 Wheel Drive and enhanced suspension.
- Our trailers are equipped with video and audio cameras for monitoring your stock.
- On trips over 100 miles we stop every 3 to 4 hours for hay, water, and a rest for your stock. The owner is asked to supply one bale of hay per animal in order not to disrupt your animals’ diet.
- We are covered by equine roadside assistance in case of mechanical difficulties. In addition to towing and mechanical assistance, this coverage provides help in locating nearby veterinary assistance and/or boarding in case of overnight repairs.
We Don’t Just Ride the Highways!
We ride both the highways AND the byways. Our equipment is fast and safe on the interstates, but we ride the back roads too. We specialize in getting in and out of tough locations–little gravel lanes, winding mountain roads, tight barnyards. Our driver has 25 years of trailer expertise.
We transport most horses in our 25-foot 4-horse trailer. It has a low deck for easy loading, and the extra roominess helps prevent the claustrophobia that some horses feel in a 2-horse trailer. We constantly monitor our passengers with our audio and video “horse cam”.
Smaller stock is transported in either our 2-horse or 25-foot trailer depending on size and number.
Contact us for a custom quote.
- For an exact quote, please provide the addresses for pickup and delivery locations.
- We can provide a preliminary “ballpark” city-to-city estimate, but you must approve an exact quote prior to pickup.
From our location in Leicester, North Carolina to the pick up we charge $2.00 per unloaded mile.
From the pick up to the delivery location we charge $4.50 per loaded mile.
We do not charge for our return trip.
If you need your stock transported, then returned to the pick up location (horse shows, vet, or other reasons), we charge $4.50 per mile for the return to the pick up location, plus $30.00 per hour for our driver and assistant to wait for the return.
Our top priority is the safety of your animals, and it is important that our staff is alert and fresh. We require an overnight stop for every 8 hours of travel. There is an overnight fee of $100.00 per night for accommodation of our driver and assistant.
If the trip requires an overnight stop while animals are onboard, livestock accommodation must be arranged at a rate to be determined by availability.
NOTE: Stock must be caught up and ready to load upon our arrival. If our staff are required to catch stock, there is a minimum charge of $50.00, increasing according to time and difficulty.
DISCOUNT FOR TRANSPORT OVER 50 MILES
- 15% discount for 50-100 miles
- 25% discount for 100-200 miles
- 40% discount over 200 miles
- Additional Discount for accredited rescue organizations.
CASH at pickup, CREDIT CARD Prepaid by phone (828-683-5758), PAYPAL or VENMO
Stock will not be unloaded at delivery point until payment is complete.
- For crossing state lines, a negative Coggins certificate is required for horses. In addition, for horses and other livestock a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), current within 30 days, is required. The animal owner is responsible for providing these certificates.
- Upon our arrival all animals should be prepared appropriately for transport (leg bandaging or other preparation desired by owner) and ready to load. If the animals will not load after 1 ½ hours, the trip will be cancelled and the owner will be charged for the full amount that was quoted for the trip.
- All reasonable care will be taken for safe transport of your stock. If your stock require any special care, instructions must be provided in writing, and any special supplies must be provided by the owner.
- Our insurance does not cover the animals we transport. This is the responsibility of the owner.
- We assume no liability for circumstances beyond our control.