Choosing Your Pup
We raise several litters of pups each year. If you would like to adopt a puppy we’ll be happy for you to visit, or we can send photos of available puppies with thumbnails of their personalities.
We also accept adoption requests prior to birth. With a non-refundable deposit we will place you on our reservation list. Those who reserve will be given their choice of puppy in the date order of their deposit. If there is not a puppy in the litter that makes a match, your reservation will roll over to the next litter. Your reservation is good for a period of two years from the date of your deposit, and your price is locked in even if fees increase. Payment of the balance of the adoption fee is due in full at the time you receive your pup.
Any pups not already reserved are available on a first-come basis.
Our Pyrenees are purebred and registered
with the American Kennel Club and the Continental Kennel Club.
We provide DNA certification of the parents’
100% Great Pyrenees breeding, as well as genetic health certificates.
At the time of adoption, your Great Pyrenees puppy:·
- Will come with AKC and/or CKC registration papers
- Will be microchipped
- Will have had the first two series of puppy vaccinations
- Will be vaccinated for Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- Will have had a veterinary exam
- Will have been on a parasite control program
- Will come with a Puppy Pack, including:
- Our booklet, “Raising Your Great Pyrenees”
- A “Baby Book”, with your puppy’s milestones and baby photos
- A detailed Puppy Health Record
- Documentation of vet exam, vaccinations, registration, and microchip
- Copies of parents’ registrations, DNA and genetic health certificates
- A Bill of Sale
- A collar, with a Randall Glen ID tag
- A stainless dish and food sample with advice for feeding
- Will be fully weaned
- Will be socialized
- Will have received early basic training
- Will have had some “big dog apprenticeship” with livestock
Most importantly, your puppy will be sound and healthy. We monitor the health of our pups from the moment they are born. We have a vet tech on staff and an excellent veterinarian on call. We will not adopt out pups who are defective or in poor health.
The selection process
Once the puppies’ eyes are open and they have been assessed for health and vigor—usually between 2 and 3 weeks–we will open the litter for selection. We’ll send photos of the available pups to the first person on the list, and you’re welcome to visit the pups in person as well. As the choices are made, in the order of deposit dates, we’ll send photos of the remaining pups to each person next on the list. In fairness to the next persons, we request that you make your choice within a week. If you have not chosen a pup by then we will offer selection to the next person on the list, and you can make your choice at any time from the remaining pups.
Our adoption fee
for a male pup is $700, $850 for a female.
- For pups with AKC parents, this adoption fee includes AKC Limited Registration. If you plan to breed your pup and wish to register the litter, AKC Full Registration is available for an additional $100 fee.
The fee is payable by cash, credit card, cashier’s check, PayPal, or Venmo. Advance reservation for a puppy can be made with a nonrefundable deposit of 25%. Payment of the balance is due in full before the pup is released.
We prefer not to subject our puppies to the stress of shipping. The ideal is for you to come to Randall Glen for your pup so that you can get acquainted before taking him or her home. However, we can arrange to personally deliver your puppy.